1. How many barriers can you safely transport on a standard semi-trailer?
Each barrier weighs 2,088kg, 4,600lbs. You can transport between 9 and 11 barriers depending on the trailer weight and district load limits.
2. Which end treatments can I use with the HV2 barrier?
Currently you can only flair the blunt end outside the clear zone. End terminal transition testing has been scheduled for the SLED water filled terminal for a completely freestanding system and for the Quadguard for an anchored end terminal.
3. What is the weight and length of each barrier?
Each barrier weighs 2,088kg, 4,600lbs and has an overall length of 5.85m, 19.2 feet. The effective length per barrier is 5.8m, 19 feet.
4. Do you have any guidelines on the best way to lift and handle the barriers on site?
The most efficient way to deploy or retrieve the barriers from site is to lift with a single chain from the centre lifting point. They can also be lifted with 2 chains connected to the outer lifting points. The barriers can be lifted by a forklift for yard storage, appropriate bearers will be required when stacking.
5. What testing & approvals do you have for the HV2 Barrier?
The HV2 Barrier has passed MASH 2016 tests 4-10, 4-11 and 4-12. Test reports are due to be completed soon for submission to the FHWA for LON. approval. The highest capacity test was the 4-12 which is TL-4, 10 Tonne Truck at 90km/h at 15 degrees.
6. What sort of radius can I achieve on tight bends?
The HV2 barrier can be deployed on a Horizontal radius as tight as 78m.
7. How many metres can you deploy in a day?
With a four-man crew and a tight delivery schedule, we would anticipate you will easily deploy 1000m of HV2 in a single shift.
8. What are the safe working distances at various speeds for this barrier?
The dynamic deflection for the 2,270kg Pickup TL-3 test at 100km/h was 1.5m, for the 10 tonne truck at 90km/h the deflection was 2.2m
9. What are the recommendations for lifting and transporting?
The barriers can be lifted with a single chain from the centre lifting point, or be lifted with 2 chains connected to the outer lifting points. The barriers can be lifted by a forklift for yard storage, appropriate bearers will be required when stacking or transporting.